Vegan Millionaire Shortbread Recipe
This recipe makes a great vegan alternative to the popular millionaire shortbread treat! Made using vegan condensed milk to create a silky smooth caramel filling, this is the perfect slice of dairy-free indulgence to satisfy your sweet craving. Ingredients Shortbread 200g vegan butter 100g caster sugar 275g plain flour Caramel 100g vegan butter 100g light brown sugar 600g vegan condensed milk (we use Carnation) Topping 300g dark chocolate (or chocolate of choice) Method 1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan, and line a 9x9" square tin with parchment paper.
2. Add your butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour and beat again until you've reached a dough consistency.
4. Press the shortbread into the tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top. Leave to cool on the side in the tin.
5. Add your butter, sugar and condensed milk to a large saucepan.
6. Melt on a low heat until everything is melted. 7. Next, turn the heat up slightly and boil the mixture for 7-8 minutes, or until it has started to thicken and is golden in colour. You will need to stir this consistently so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Pour the caramel onto the shortbread and leave to set in the fridge for around an hour.
9. When it's set, melt your chocolate and pour over the caramel.
10. Leave to set in the fridge and carefully divide into portions. Let us know if you make these by tagging us in your posts! @veganmarketc0