Vegan Fruit Scone Recipe
This vegan fruit scone recipe is so simple and makes a lovely weekend treat! Serve with jam and vegan cream. Ingredients (makes 15 small scones) 350g self-raising flour
2tbsp caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
100g vegan butter
140ml oat milk
100g mixed dried fruit
For the glaze
50ml Oat milk
1tbsp maple syrup Jam and vegan cream to serve
1. Heat oven to 220C/200 fan/gas 7.
2. Start by mixing the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add in the butter and rub together using your hands until it resembles crumbs.
4. Stir in the dried fruit and then add in the oat milk gradually. Use your hands to knead into a dough.
5. Transfer to a floured work surface and roll out until it’s 1cm thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 15 scones.
6. Transfer to a lined baking tray and top with the glaze.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden.
8. Serve with jam and a vegan cream. If you have a recipe you'd like us to try, just get in touch!