top of page

Registration Guidance

All traders must register their details with us on our dedicated registration form before any of their event applications can be approved. It should only take around 5 minutes to complete.

We realise that the form can be quite daunting, especially if you're just starting out, so we've detailed below additional guidance to support you when completing it.


What paperwork do I need to submit?

  • Public liability insurance certificate (minimum £5 million cover)  

  • Event-based health & safety risk assessment (templates provided below)

  • Images of your products


If applicable you will also need to submit these documents:

  • Fire-specific risk assessment (if serving hot food - template provided below)  

  • Images of your gazebo setup 

  • Images & dimensions of your catering van or trailer

  • Food Standards Agency hygiene rating certificate (screenshot from

  • Food Handling & Hygiene certificates (Level 2+)

  • Gas safety certificate

  • PAT testing certificate

  • Personal alcohol license number

  • CPSR for all cosmetic products

  • Novelty product authorization reports

What are the requirements for my public liability insurance policy?

You need a minimum of £5 million cover to showcase at our events and it is your responsibility to keep this up to date.

If you currently have a policy with less than £5 million cover, please get it increased before submitting your registration. Upgrading your insurance policy should be a very quick and low cost process with your insurer.

If your policy will expire before the event you have applied for runs, then please submit your current policy when registering and remember to email the office team when you have your new policy.

At each event, you must be able to produce your public liability insurance policy for spot checks.

What are the requirements for my risk assessment?

We need you to think over the risks of showcasing at our events and create a risk assessment, determining what you must do to keep yourself and our visitors safe. Your risk assessment might include trip hazards, sharp objects, hygiene hazards and infrastructure hazards (especially when you provide your own gazebo, weights, etc).

The types of hazards which need to be covered are all general hazards which would lead to a possible injury. Please consider any and all risks that may be presented by your stall at each event, these can include:

  • Driving vehicles on site

  • Gazebos being erected and dismantled (if applicable)

  • Signage

  • Moving equipment and stock

  • Trips, slips and falls to your staff and the public

  • The use of bottled gas (if applicable)

  • Food samples and supply of food items (if applicable)

  • Using electrical equipment (if applicable)


If you have yet to create your own risk assessment, you can download some useful examples to get you started at the links below: 

These are generic starting templates – please amend them where necessary to align with the risks and activities you intend to conduct on-site.

Cold Food Stall Example Risk Assessment

Non-Food Stall Example Risk Assessment

Do I need to complete a fire risk assessment?

If you are selling any form of hot food or drink, you will also need to complete and submit a Fire Risk Assessment.

The types of hazards which need to be covered are all general hazards that would lead to a possible injury. Please consider any and all risks that may be presented by your stall at each event, these can include:

  • Cooking  

  • Electrical fault 

  • Soft furnishings 

  • Rubbish 

  • Detecting a fire and evacuation procedure 

  • Fire extinguishers 

  • Smoking

Your fire risk assessment may form part of your general risk assessment or you can submit these as two separate documents. You can download a template below:

Fire Risk Assessment Template

Do I need to submit a food hygiene rating certificate?

Every food/drink producer needs to register with their local authority and request an inspection from an environmental health officer. Some food/drink businesses may be told they are exempt from inspections or low risk/low priority for an inspection.

If you are told you are exempt please upload your exemption letter in place of your food hygiene rating certificate.

You must be registered as a minimum and when your inspection takes place the best practice is to display your food hygiene rating on your stall.

You do not need to have had an inspection to be approved to trade at our events, you just need to have registered.

Once you have registered with your local authority you will be able to find your listing here. Please screenshot your listing and upload it when registering with us. If your status is still "Pending" that is acceptable, please still screenshot and upload this.

Do I need to submit a PAT certificate?

Any electrical appliances brought onto an event site must be PAT tested. You must have the relevant PAT certificates with you at each event, as well as uploading these when registering and updating these when they expire. 

Our site managers may carry out inspections during the event and will require you to disconnect any electrical equipment which does not have a PAT certificate.

If your appliance is less than 12 months old then you don’t need a PAT certificate, dated receipts/invoices are required in lieu of a PAT.

If your PAT certificate will expire before the event you have applied for runs then still submit this and remember to email us when you have your new PAT certificate.

Do I need to submit a gas safety certificate?

All gas appliances brought onto site must have gas safety certification.  which needs to be provided in advance of any event if you will be using them onsite.

If your gas safety certificate will expire before the event you have applied for runs then still submit this and remember to email us when you have your new gas safety certificate.

What are the criteria for being accepted to trade at an event?

We welcome a wide variety of stalls types at our events, from street food to cosmetics and clothing to jewellery. If you have great vegan products or a local business to promote we'd love to hear from you. Please note the following before you apply:

  • Products and services must fulfil our requirements of being sustainable and ethical. 

  • Products and services sold or promoted must be suitable for vegans. 

  • Non-vegan businesses are welcome provided they only sell and promote vegan products and services on the day. 

  • Products must not have been tested on animals.

  • We do not accept applications from MLMs

What kind of product photos and stall photos should I submit?

We’ll use the images to promote your business on our social accounts, where we can, and to confirm the suitability of your products for an event.

If you are completely new to trading at events and do not have a picture of your stall set up, then do not let this stop you from registering. It is not an essential part of the registration process, but it gives the office team a better idea of where best to fit you onsite at each event.

Why do you need photos of my gazebo/catering van?

If you want to bring your own gazebo or catering van/trailer to our events we need to know what it looks like and the specific dimensions, to make sure it will fit into the event space.

Do I need to submit a personal alcohol licence number?

You must have a personal licence to sell alcohol at our events. You need to supply your licence number in advance of any event where you will be selling alcohol onsite.

We currently can only support the sale of alcohol for home consumption. At most events you will need to apply for a TEN in order to sell alcohol, so please check with the office team what you need to do for each location prior to booking.


It is the trader's responsibility to apply for a TEN to the local council in good time of the event date itself. 

Is your question missing?

bottom of page